Doing what others want you to do with your life robs you the success, fulfillment and happiness you deserve. Continue reading
Doing what others want you to do with your life robs you the success, fulfillment and happiness you deserve. Continue reading
Within our daily routines of life, we are constantly surrounded and bombarded with events, conversations, and news that cause us to worry, fear, become discouraged, and find fault with other people. Much of our popular entertainment portrays and idolizes the dark side of life as well. Continue reading
We live in a world of broken promises, broken marriages and broken homes.
It’s a world of never ending problems, filled with people who have lost their jobs because of peer jealousy and people who have been cheated out of their life’s savings. Continue reading
Most of us never reach of level of accomplishment that we dream of, mainly because of “small” thinking. Thinking big requires thick skin. If your plans are significant, plenty of people will do and say little things that can be discouraging. The biggest achievers have to face this challenge all the time. Learn to ignore it or consider keeping your plans to yourself. Continue reading
If you find yourself living in constant doubt and fear to the extent that you cannot move forward in life, you’re not alone. Many people are overcome by timidity. This can lead to a life of mediocrity, if you let it. You don’t have to be cocky or self-confident to achieve great things in life. Simply learn a little more about how to be sure of your own purpose in life. Continue reading
THE SECRET [Unknown Author]
One day, one friend asked another,
How is it that you are always so happy?
You have so much energy,
and you never seem to get down.
With her eyes smiling, she said,
I know the Secret!
What secret is that?
To which she replied,
I’ll tell you all about it,
but you have to promise to
share the Secret with others.
The Secret is this:
I have learned there is little I can do
in my life that will make me truly happy
I must depend on God to make
me happy and to meet my needs.
When a need arises in my life,
I have to trust God to supply
according to HIS riches.
I have learned most of the time
I don’ t need half of what I think I do.
He has never let me down.
Since I learned that ‘Secret’ , I am happy.
The questioner ‘ s first thought was,
That’s too simple!
But upon reflecting over her own life
she recalled how she thought a bigger house
would make her happy, but it didn’t!
She thought a better paying job
would make her happy, but it hadn’t.
When did she realize her greatest happiness?
Sitting on the floor with her grandchildren,
playing games, eating pizza or reading a story,
a simple gift from God.
Now you know it too!
We can’t depend on people to make us happy.
Only GOD in His infinite wisdom can do that.
And now I pass the Secret on to you!
So once you get it, what will you do?
YOU have to tell someone the Secret, too!
That GOD in His wisdom will take care of YOU!
But it’s not really a secret…
We just have to believe it and do it..
Really trust God!
OK you have made it through last year, and you are now in a new year. What are you going to do in the new year. In order for you to go somewhere or better yourself, you must have a plan. You must set goals. Amy Twain has laid out some great thoughts on this matter take a look.
The Power To Empower Yourself
by: Amy Twain
A set of goals would empower you and you could then proceed to begin and follow your journey or voyage by setting your desired goals. Goal setting is indeed very necessary if you would like to empower yourself, as it is the initial step towards a more satisfying and fulfilling life. So to use personal empowerment to develop and further enhance your life, ample support from family, friends and relatives are essential and you need discipline as well to create and come up with the right and best decision in your life. Goal setting could be in the form of the achievable and the feasible and also, those which are not within your ability and your budget but that could be addressed later.
Personal empowerment will allow you to follow the dreams that are not within your means now. Take those small steps and set attainable and reachable goals within a brief time frame so that you would feel empowered when you accomplish them. Achieving goals become easier as you pursue and persist to empower yourself. You could take your time to experience your growth personally as it can be very empowering to aspire to move on and be more in life. There are several rewards you can reap to personal empowerment but you really need to think forward as goal setting would enhance your life for the better and likewise help you to attain more.
Inspiring moments are also helpful and it could enliven you more and move on to pursue and foresee more personal goals. As you pursue and reach every small goal, you can see positive and better changes in you and the succeeding set of goals become more and more challenging. You would begin to look forward to it and personal empowerment would form a life you truly desire and always dreamed about. Every personal growth would heighten and intensify your sense of power and ideas and ambition are no longer out of reach. You may also need to map out a group or team of action to handle with the several obstacles in life as they delay and postpone one’s progress.
Always bear in mind to keep pushing yourself and think positive at all times, as they can be so empowering. Get rid of the negative vibrations and feelings. It will take time, yet try to make it a routine to think more on a positive note. Turning negative into something optimistic is a good distinctive feature and never, ever giving up as endurance and perseverance and patient and tolerant in overcoming the many barriers and hindrances, and always looking forward is truly important to empower oneself. To create something out of your own life, there are myriad of ways out there but each begins with a small step.
To begin empowering yourself, you have to do things which truly interest you and along the way, you would be the person ever you will hold in high regard. Don’t stop empowering yourself because your personal empowerment and growth as a person will bring about self worth and positive image.
There is plenty of evidence that laughter is indeed a potent medication. It may seem difficult to laugh when you’re stressed, but once you start laughing, you’ll soon find that your stress levels quickly decline. As you begin to get a grip on your stress, you’ll gain the perspective you need in order to accomplish whatever it is you want to accomplish. Of just as great an importance, as you laugh away your stress, it’ll put far fewer burdens on your relationships with others.
Of course, there is more to good health than a sound mind. The peace of mind brought on by laughter quickly spreads throughout your body. Your muscle tension will begin to melt away as you leave the stress induced fight-or-flight responses behind and move into a state of normal body function. This allows your immune system to also move back toward optimal function.
Any type of overwhelming feeling can be overcome with a hearty laugh. Relaxing the tension behind the emotion allows you to fact-check the emotion and put it into a proper perspective. This may be particularly true when you are facing an overwhelming frustration or a burst of anger.
Healthy Laughter Tips
1. Make laughter a part of your daily morning routine. For the best possible result, make it a family activity. It’s very hard to maintain anger or frustration regarding someone with whom you share many good laughs.
If none of you are particularly good at making others laugh, you can always record a comedy show or sitcom that is appropriately funny for the whole family to watch together.
2. Figure out what senses of humor you have. What types of comedy are particularly funny to you? The more you practice laughing with videos, audios, and reading materials, the more aware you’ll become of what types of comedy strike you as particularly funny. You’ll gain a greater appreciation for family members as you learn about what sense of humor they have.
3. Spend as much of your social time as possible with people who enjoy laughter. You’ll quickly discover that those who laugh the most are often the happiest people. More importantly, laughter is catchy and you’ll soon find yourself laughing more and doing or saying more things that make others laugh.
Don’t be alarmed when you discover that you gain a different perspective on various peoples and ways of life as your worldview expands and you gain a greater appreciation of universal truths.
4. You must learn how to enjoy laughing at yourself. This is particularly challenging for those most in need of such a skill. When you’re able to laugh at your mistakes in life, you’ll also be able to take more corrective actions without counterproductive, harsh self-judgments.
5. Don’t be afraid to make others laugh too. It’s very difficult not to laugh when others laugh. The more you share those humorous things you witness or experience, the more you’ll find yourself laughing about them.
Humor is built into the world in which we live. Whether you’re laughing or not is purely dependent on whether or not you’re looking for the humor in life and allowing yourself the full enjoyment of it. The more you can laugh about life, the less stress will overwhelm you.
A sincere smile makes me seem approachable, even from a distance. People feel comfortable coming to me because they feel welcomed by my smile.
When I smile, I do it out of a genuine desire to inspire joy in everyone whom I encounter. My personal goal is for people to walk away from an interaction with me feeling happier than they were before we met.
The world can feel full of unpleasantness and fear, but my smile helps to generate hope. A negative attitude is all too common, and it pushes people away. To enjoy pleasant company, I refrain from giving in to negativity.
Wearing a smile on my face is a conscious choice I make every morning. I smile, not because life is perfect, but because I choose to see the positive in every situation. There is something to find joy in even in the toughest of times.
I make it my duty to find something to be cheerful about at all times. Instead of pushing people away with negativism, I draw them in with my smile.
My friends and family look up to me as someone whose presence they enjoy. They like to spend time with me because I smile. My positive attitude puts me in a position of influence over others.
Today, I choose to find a reason to smile. Whether it is because of a triumph, a lesson, or just the joy of living, I wear a bright smile on my face to inspire others to do the same. With my positive outlook, I am transforming my relationships, my community and my world.
1. Why should I smile today?
2. Why is it best to focus on the positive?
3. How does my attitude affect my relationships?
Discovering Inner Strength
Even though life can be a fantastic ride, sometimes it can also knock the wind out of your sails. When tough times trigger your insecurities, you can discover an inner strength that will get you through practically anything.
Try these ideas to get started:
1. Reflect on the tough times you’ve had before. Ask yourself how you got through it. What did you do? What did you think? What did you tell yourself? Your resilience will become evident as you do this exercise and give you real hope for the future in dealing with other obstacles.
• Recognize that you’ve made it through those difficult situations. Then think about what you’re experiencing right now. Is the current situation similar to or much different from your other tough times? Use what you’ve learned from your past challenges.
2. Learn to talk to yourself in positive, encouraging ways. This will help you build up your inner strength.
• As if speaking to your own best friend, tell yourself what will most help and encourage you. What do you most want to hear? What do you need to hear to help gather your strength? Is there something specific you’re hoping will happen?
• Practice providing yourself with encouraging, uplifting messages. The messages you give yourself can be less than helpful or they can propel you through the roughest of circumstances.
• Talking to yourself with respect, care and positivity builds your inner strength so it’s there when you need it. When the going gets tough, you’ll have yourself to fall back on.
3. Allow yourself time to think through whatever the situation is. It’s okay to feel confused.
• What are your ideas about how to weather the storm? Examine all the solutions you can come up with. Explain to yourself what you’ll do and how you’ll do it.
• A sense of your own resourcefulness can be found in your ability to problem-solve through challenging situations.
4. Consider who you regard as role models or mentors. You selected those people because you respect and admire them. They’re strong enough people that you want to emulate them.
• Think about their strength of character. How do you know they have it? What does that strength look like? How does it manifest?
5. Reflect on what you’ve done or been through that you’re most proud of. Was it making it through college although you had to work while you attended classes? Maybe it was moving out on your own for the first time and figuring out you could take care of yourself.
• Even though you might have felt afraid, uncomfortable, lost, or confused, you discovered your internal resources and made it through those experiences.
• When you examine what you did to handle those situations and how you made it through, you’ll recall your inner strength.
• You can get in touch with your own resourcefulness by re-visiting those events that bring you pride.
6. Sometimes, you’ve just got to “fake it till you make it.” You can probably recall a time when you felt afraid or weren’t sure you could succeed, but you stood up and met the challenge head on.
Discovering your inner strength is possible, even in the toughest of times. Following the steps above will help you discover your courage and resourcefulness. And with this self-understanding, you can handle anything!